Monday, June 4, 2012

Project #5 You Are The Curator!

“Greek and Roman Culture”

My task in this writing paper is different from the others field trips reaction. I am going to talk about my exhibition and experience at the metropolitan museum of art. In this trip we were ask to choose between MOMA museum and MET museum. I chose the metropolitan museum because it is good to see and learn all the beautiful stuffs that they collect from every place.

I chose this theme because it is related with the exhibitions and what they represent for us. I want the viewer see how back in the days the history and culture were so special for an artist, also I want them to learn something new about other cultures. My theme contains specific description about the exhibitions I chose.

One of the works that I would like to consider is from the European paintings and sculpture, from the artist Georges Seurat Study for “A Sunday on La Grande Jatte”. This artist made this painting so special because it shown how people dressed in those days, and the way clever people lived. This exhibition is related with my theme because you can see culture.

This painting is from Greek and Roman Art, even though does not have any similarity with the appearance, but it could be related in other way, the painting is called “Terracotta”. This type of painting shows people’s beliefs and their creative minds, for me this is a good example of culture. Even though it is only a jar with two men, this maybe represented also what they thought about culture...

My third work is from Modern Art, the artist is Joan Miro “Vines and Olive Trees” Tarragona. This painting is similar with European Painting, because it has the same structure. At the same time this painting has its own history about how people survived during that period, the colors that it has shows similarity with others artist’s paintings.

Finally I would like to present my project in connection with my field trip. My experience in MET was wonderful I had a lot of fun there and I learned about different cultures all over the world. I learned the similarity between two different artists and time, since this is the last field trip of the class, I should say that I gained something going to different museum.


Hirschfeld Workshop
"Terracotta Krater"
Greek and Roman Art

"Bronze Mirror"
Greek and Roman Art

"Glass Gladiator cup"
Greek and Roman Art

Kephisodotos
" Marble Statue of Eirene"ca. A.D. 14–68
Greek and Roman Art

Ennion
"Glass hexagonal amphoriskos"
1st half of 1st century A.D
Greek and Roman Art

"Gold phiale (libation bowl)"
1000 B.C.-A.D. 1
Greek and Roman Art

"Sarcophagus with a Greek Physician"
A.D. 1-500
Greek and Roman Art

"Marble inscribed statue base"
A.D. 1-500
Greek and Roman Art

Ergotimos
" Terracota stand"
1000 B.C.-A.D. 1
Greek and Roman Art

Édouard Manet
"The Spanish Singer"
A.D. 1800-1900
19th-and early 20th- Century European Paintings and Sculpture


Francisco De Goya y Lucientes
"Majas on a Balcony"
European Paintings


Barnett Newman
"Concord"1949
Modern and Contemporary Art


Jackson Pollock
"Pasiphaë"
A.D. 1900-present
Modern and Contemporary Art


Camille Corot
"A Woman Gathering Faggots at Ville-d'Avray"
A.D. 1800-1900
European Paintings


Pieter Bruegel the Elder
"The Harvesters"A.D. 1400-1600
European Paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment